San Antonio’s East Side is invigorated by the 4th Annual Dignowity Hill Pushcart Derby, Saturday, July 24, 5-8 pm. San Antonio artists and local organizations race uniquely-designed pushcarts for speed (or lack thereof) and creativity. Artist Cruz Ortiz, creator of the event, hopes his intervention will help strengthen the East-Side neighborhood:"So, put your good chanklas on-bring the suegra y los kids and plenty of water and some shade, and let the races begin!“ Rain or Shine at Dignowity Hill Park (corner of Nolan and Hackberry Streets, San Antonio.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015