Well, the Surrealist Manifesto (and a packet of other Andre Breton documents) were sold for 3.6 million euros (5.6 million dollars), seven times what was estimated!
Meanwhile, back in Oslo, Edvard Munch’s The Scream, the 1893, no, 1910 painting behind everyone’s favorite inflatable gift item, will go back on display after a year-long, partially unsucessful restoration. The piece was stolen in 2004 in an unusual armed robbery, then recovered.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015