The Scholar’s Eye: Contemporary Ceramics from the Garth Clark and Mark Del Vecchio Collection, organized by MFAH curator Cindi Strauss opens on May 18. In the spring of 2007, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, acquired the collection of over 375 ceramic objects, as well as the accompanying library and artist archive, possibly the largest and most significant collection of contemporary ceramics in the world.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015