In addition to the traditional huge butter sculpture, and the ribbon competitions in 1100 art categories, the State Fair of Texas will be accepting outdoor sculpture to be displayed on the grounds during the Fair. Sculptures can be in any medium withstanding weather and must be anchored firmly in the ground, touchable and family friendly. Three million people will attend the Fair during it’s September 26 through October 19 run.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015