Stabilization and restoration work on the historic 1878 First National Bank Building, which houses the Galveston Arts Center, is underway. The front steps have been removed to accommodate the scaffolding that encases our cast iron facade. This initial phase of the project will address foundation stabilization, repair of the brick masonry exterior walls and restoration of the structural and ornamental cast iron. The center will remain open for the duration of the construction project.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015