The MFAH’s Bayou Bend has been given 11 pieces of rare antique Texas furniture, including an armoire attributed to New Braunfels master Johann Michael Jahn. The gift comes from William Hill, the Houston collector of American and Texan decorative and contemporary art, who also recently gave about 15 works by Texas artists to the Meadows Museum.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017