I just discovered VBS , while searching for information on the floating island of plastic the size of Texas in the Pacific . It’s a brilliant little project. Check it out.
They have an art page, at this point with only a two part feature on Terence Koh. I like his work. So why in these videos do I just end up wanting to put his pseudo-shamanic bunny hat in a wood chipper? Maybe it’s partly because he so shamelessly "does" this grotesquely infantilized Joesph Beuys. He pretends that a live rabbit is talking to him about his art (vs. explaining it quietly to a dead one), does some gibberish-y rituals, puts some found objects in turines, acts vaguely mystical and otherwordly – hmmm. Get that guy a horse, some cymbals, and a white fun-fur covered piano already…
it’s a genius marketing ploy, in any case. God, I’m so cynical. Wuv duh bunny, Titus, wuv duh wittle bunny.
photo of Koh’s "Chris as Deer (autumn night)" from www.artmetropole.com
also by Titus OBrien
- What gets missed - March 2nd, 2009
- Gerald Peters Gallery is dead; long li…eh, good riddance. - February 14th, 2009
- Winter Road Trip part 3: Yes Man - January 29th, 2009
- MLK Day, pomes 'n such - January 19th, 2009
- Winter Road Trip, part 2 - January 18th, 2009