This Saturday, April 12 seems to be THE WEEKEND for out-and-abouting (see our events listings for the full shebang). Here are some highlights:
Houston: Devour a mountain of meatballs in the name of socially engaged practice and possible nuptials as Lawndale Art Center resident artist Lynne McCabe teaches people to make her cousin Tricia’s mother-in-law’s, famous Neapolitan meatballs, The eating of which has procured at least three marriage proposals in her the family alone. Space is limited, contact Dennis Nance at email@example.com to reserve your space at the table. 12 – 2pm
Houston: The 500 block of Westheimer will be acrawl in alterna-art as the Westheimer Block Party descends, or ferments, or explodes at 1 pm. Mostly free.
Houston: Midtown artist’s studios, galleries, complexes and collectives will be open for 9th Annual Midtown Visions Cultural Arts Tour from Noon to 5 pm.
Austin: Hundreds of independent and emerging (but juried) artists will descend (or ferment or explode) on Austin for Art City Austin 08. $8 tickets include free admission and shuttle to Austin Museum of Art—Downtown and the Blanton Museum of Art.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015