This weekend the Rubin Center at UTEP opens three interesting looking textile shows: Unknitting, curated by UTEP’s Kate Bonansinga and featuring Adrian Esparza, Rachel Gomme, Mark Newport and Sandra Valenzuela. Also opening are shows on Bhutanese textiles and and an installation by Chilean Artist Monica Bengoa, which will explore the "transference of photographic images using craft-based techniques." All three shows are up through August 2, so try to get out there!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017