Houston’s DiverseWorks Artspace will hold its first annual 1(ish) K Foot Race on Saturday, April 5 to help commemorate its 25th anniversary. For $25, ($100 will get you a five-minute head start) competitors will scramble across a "demanding" (wink, wink) more or less one-kilometer course in a test of strength, endurance and ability to raise money and awareness for the non-profit contemporary art center. Beginning at 6pm sharp, the course will remain open until 10 pm to allow sufficient time for all runners to complete the demanding ordeal. They promise plenty of “Hydration” stations on site. Athletic attire is recommended.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015