Just as investigations are uncovering widespread abuse of tax-deductible art donations from wealthy collectors, there’s bill in congress that will allow artists to deduct the fair-market value (i.e. retail price) of their works when donated to nonprofits, rather than the basis value (i.e. materials and labor) that they are currently allowed!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015