The ubiquitous, media-friendly Art Guys will "Lie in State" in the rotunda of Houston’s City Hall between noon and 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 1. Though the building is not actually the "state" capitol, this "one hour concert" may include actual lying. Whatever happens, it’s all part of “Forever Yours,” the Art Guys’ quixotic attempt to sell their cremated remains for a million dollars, which has so far elicited no successful bids.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015