The Smithsonian Institution is putting together a web-searchable index of it’s approximately thirteen million photographs. "the Smithsonian set out to catalog and organize the world,” Merry A. Foresta, director of the project and former senior curator of photography at the Smithsonian Institution wrote in “At First Sight,” a book about the collection. Look out Google?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015