The Dallas Museum of art has just acquired Charles Ray’s The New Beetle, says Tyler Green’s Modern Art Notes. The piece, a life-sized nude boy playing with a toy VW beetle cast stainless steel and painted white, was shown last november at NY’s Matthew Marks gallery and reviewed by the NY Times’ Roberta Smith.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015