The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston made the Art Newspaper’s list of best attended museums in the world today, with a weighted attendance of 1,649,969 for 2007. That puts it at number twenty on the list, compiled from self-reported figures from each institution. That puts it right after the Kremlin in the paper’s list of most-visited art museums, and ahead of Florence’s Uffizi . Thirty years later, King Tut is still king of the blockbusters, drawing 1,044,743 to Chicago’s Field museum and another 1,290,000 to Philadelphia’s Franklin Institute all by his ownself.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015