The Polaroid corporation recently announced that it is planning "for the exit of traditional Instant film in all formats and sizes." Although the company will halt production this year, and stopped making cameras for it last year, instant film is expected to be available into 2009. Here are a few suitably mournful tributes to that magical product by Harry McCracken of PC World’s techblog and by the Guardian (UK)’s Geoff Dyer.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015