Texas Christian University’s Art and Art History Department inaugurates its new art gallery, Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, this Friday evening. Their first show, Material Culture, curated by Fran Colpitt, presents sculptures by Texas artists Helen Altman (Fort Worth), Richie Budd (San Antonio), Margarita Cabrera (El Paso), Bill Davenport (Houston), Jonathan Durham (Houston), Lily Hanson (Dallas), Joseph Havel (Houston), Jessica Halonen (Austin), Katrina Moorhead (Houston), Chris Sauter (SanAntonio), Polly Lanning Sparrow (Austin), and Brad Tucker (Austin). According to the equally new director, Gavin Morrison the new 2500 square foot space, which shares a strip mall on Berry Street with a police substation, a Radio Shack and a tanning salon "has its limitations," but will be "fluid place that allows events to happen in a spontaneous way."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015