Friends of the Spiral Jetty are organizing a protest against oil drilling operations in a nearby section of the Great Salt Lake, Utah. Ironically, it is feared that the project "will severely alter the wild, natural place." Read about it on Tyler Green’s blog Modern Art Notes .
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015