From a recent press release about a symposium in Karlsruhe, Germany. Maybe it was translated poorly:
"OUR LITERAL SPEED manifests the imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical."
If only "manifests" had eleven letters instead of nine, that phrase would consist solely of eleven-letter words linked by "the", "that", and "and".
On the ZKM website (the organization hosting the event), the phrase was revised:
»OUR LITERAL SPEED« manifests the situational and contextual imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical.
A sporting attempt to add a fifth and a sixth eleven-letter word, but the effect was marred by a tragic miscount on "contextual".
also by Bill Davenport
- Old Times on the Island - August 27th, 2014
- Asa Hursh Named Art Alliance Austin's New Director - August 23rd, 2014
- Glasstire Hacked! CAMH Artist's Rogue Post - August 22nd, 2014
- Sculpture Train: Hermann Park - August 20th, 2014
- The Not-So Smoke-Filled Room: Breakfast Club Talks Houston's Arts Future - August 17th, 2014