From a recent press release about a symposium in Karlsruhe, Germany. Maybe it was translated poorly:
"OUR LITERAL SPEED manifests the imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical."
If only "manifests" had eleven letters instead of nine, that phrase would consist solely of eleven-letter words linked by "the", "that", and "and".
On the ZKM website (the organization hosting the event), the phrase was revised:
»OUR LITERAL SPEED« manifests the situational and contextual imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical.
A sporting attempt to add a fifth and a sixth eleven-letter word, but the effect was marred by a tragic miscount on "contextual".
also by Bill Davenport
- James Buss at Hello Project - October 22nd, 2014
- Richter Swap: Pace Foundation Managers Sell Painting To Fund New Art Campus - October 19th, 2014
- Dating App as Social Media Lab: Tinder Guys Posing With Art - October 17th, 2014
- The Buddha's in the Background - October 15th, 2014
- IRS Tries to Upset Artist/Teacher Applecart: Crile Case Makes Art Safe for the Unprofitable - October 12th, 2014