From a recent press release about a symposium in Karlsruhe, Germany. Maybe it was translated poorly:
"OUR LITERAL SPEED manifests the imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical."
If only "manifests" had eleven letters instead of nine, that phrase would consist solely of eleven-letter words linked by "the", "that", and "and".
On the ZKM website (the organization hosting the event), the phrase was revised:
»OUR LITERAL SPEED« manifests the situational and contextual imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical.
A sporting attempt to add a fifth and a sixth eleven-letter word, but the effect was marred by a tragic miscount on "contextual".
also by Bill Davenport
- Artist Ed Wilson's Contract Withdrawn as $830,000 GRB Commission Process Collapses in Turmoil - November 22nd, 2014
- Midwest Looks at Mid-Texas: Fort Wayne, Meet Austin! - November 22nd, 2014
- Hills Snyder Steps Down: Anjali Gupta to be New Director of Sala Diaz in January - November 15th, 2014
- Graffiti Magnet Back From the Brink: Dallas to Keep Irwin's Park Portal Piece - November 15th, 2014
- Artists! Get paid to do what you love. - November 14th, 2014