From a recent press release about a symposium in Karlsruhe, Germany. Maybe it was translated poorly:
"OUR LITERAL SPEED manifests the imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical."
If only "manifests" had eleven letters instead of nine, that phrase would consist solely of eleven-letter words linked by "the", "that", and "and".
On the ZKM website (the organization hosting the event), the phrase was revised:
»OUR LITERAL SPEED« manifests the situational and contextual imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical.
A sporting attempt to add a fifth and a sixth eleven-letter word, but the effect was marred by a tragic miscount on "contextual".
also by Bill Davenport
- South African Beaders to Assemble Selven O'Keef Jarmon's Big Tapestry Project at Rice - July 25th, 2014
- Kid Critics Speak: Soto's Houston Penetrable - July 23rd, 2014
- Tom Tierney, King of Paper Dolls, has Died in Smithville - July 20th, 2014
- New Faces at the El Paso Museum of Art Foundation - July 19th, 2014
- Treehouse of the Future to Open in Houston's Memorial City - July 18th, 2014