From a recent press release about a symposium in Karlsruhe, Germany. Maybe it was translated poorly:
"OUR LITERAL SPEED manifests the imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical."
If only "manifests" had eleven letters instead of nine, that phrase would consist solely of eleven-letter words linked by "the", "that", and "and".
On the ZKM website (the organization hosting the event), the phrase was revised:
»OUR LITERAL SPEED« manifests the situational and contextual imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical.
A sporting attempt to add a fifth and a sixth eleven-letter word, but the effect was marred by a tragic miscount on "contextual".
also by Bill Davenport
- SMU’S Art Research Center Measures Vibrancy of Art Cities. Washington D.C. #1! - January 25th, 2015
- Monet on Ice: How Spectacular Art is Ruining the PR Stunt - January 20th, 2015
- Artists Remove Work From Houston City Hall in Solidarity with Ed Wilson - January 20th, 2015
- Make a Mess with the Oliver Herring Experience! - January 18th, 2015
- Don't Find Us, We'll Find You. New Invitation-Only Artist Residency Opens in Marfa - January 17th, 2015