From a recent press release about a symposium in Karlsruhe, Germany. Maybe it was translated poorly:
"OUR LITERAL SPEED manifests the imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical."
If only "manifests" had eleven letters instead of nine, that phrase would consist solely of eleven-letter words linked by "the", "that", and "and".
On the ZKM website (the organization hosting the event), the phrase was revised:
»OUR LITERAL SPEED« manifests the situational and contextual imperatives that materialize the theoretical and the pedagogical.
A sporting attempt to add a fifth and a sixth eleven-letter word, but the effect was marred by a tragic miscount on "contextual".
also by Bill Davenport
- WWJD? Chinati Airs Irwin Plan, Marfa Preservationists Cry Out - December 20th, 2014
- Idea Fund Announces 2015 Grantees - December 19th, 2014
- Houston Artists Go On The Record Against HAA Rule-Bending - December 17th, 2014
- Phil Kline Rebrands Christmas: Unsilent Nights Spread Across Texas - December 15th, 2014
- Zip - Up! Menil Gets NEA Grant for Upcoming Newman Show - December 12th, 2014