The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston will host a symposium devoted to the eighteenth-century Italian "prince of painters" Pompeo Batoni on Friday, January 25, and Saturday, January 26,. Edgar Peters Bowron, Curator of European Art at the MFAH, will give the opening address at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, and presentations by seven additional scholars will follow on Saturday.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015