John R. Lane, director of the Dallas museum of art, announced the creation of the position of The Hoffman Family Senior Curator of Contemporary Art at the DMA and María de Corral , guest curator for last year’s Fast Forward: Contemporary Collections for the Dallas Museum of Art , to hold the title for 2008. De Corral will hold the job for one year, during which she will curate Take Your Time: Olafur Eliasson, opening in November, and advise the Museum on its search for a resident senior curator of contemporary art.
The job, established by Adelyn Hoffman with a gift of $5 million is in memory of her son, the late Robert Hoffman, follows the gifts of their private collection and those of Cindy and Howard Rachofsky and Deedie and Rusty Rose , announced in 2005.
De Corral is an art critic and independent curator based in Madrid. She was co-director of the 2005 Venice Biennale and, from 1990 to 1994, the director of the Reina Sofía, the national museum of modern and contemporary art in Madrid.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015