Peel Gallery in Houston is curating an amorphous experiment in vernacular design to coincide with Design Life Now : National Design Triennial opening at the CAM. Conceived by San Francisco store/gallery/art group Citizen:citizen , the exhibition is called "Virtually Mine: Exploring how we value the objects in our life" and it works like this: the public is invited to bring in objects they own or have designed to the gallery, where they will be tagged and become part of an online archive. Presumably, you get them back? Submissions are being accepted between January 26 through February 16.
also by Titus OBrien
- What gets missed - March 2nd, 2009
- Gerald Peters Gallery is dead; long li…eh, good riddance. - February 14th, 2009
- Winter Road Trip part 3: Yes Man - January 29th, 2009
- MLK Day, pomes 'n such - January 19th, 2009
- Winter Road Trip, part 2 - January 18th, 2009