Trenton Doyle Hancock will be among artists whose prints will be included in the The Brodsky Center for Innovative Editions’ annual Gala and live auction on Saturday, January 19. Other artists include Fred Wilson, Mona Hatoum, Chris Ofili, Isaac Julien, Glenn Ligon, Carrie Mae Weems, Hew Locke , Sonia Boyce, Nancy Spero, Eleanor Antin, Carolee Schneemann, Martha Wilson, Faith Ringgold, Joyce Kozloff, Miriam Schapiro, Joan Snyder, Lesley Dill, Willie Cole, Kiki Smith, and Chakaia Booker.
The Brodsky Center, housed in the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, was founded in 1986 to enable artists to create new work in reproductive media through its artist-in-residence program. Diversity is central to its mission, and the center has consistently supported artists from under-represented groups who make challenging work, especially women and artists of color.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015