Portland, Oregon artist MK Guth comes to Houston’s Diverseworks on January 11th to enlist participants in her new interactive work, Ties of Protection, a long Rapunzel -like "interactive braid sculpture" that will be part of the upcoming Whitney Biennial . During the one-day event participants will write their responses to the question "What is worth protecting?" on a piece of flannel fabric that will be woven into the ever-growing object.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015