Houston artists Greg Donner and David Krueger are working on a solar-powered straw and metal building in the desert two hours south of Marfa. About seven miles north of Big Bend, the 40-acre spread that they’re calling "Art Ranch Texas" will eventually include studios, living quarters and will host artists and spiritualists for a month or two at a time. The foundations are done. Sometime next summer the straw bales go in. Donner, speaking from the ranch where he is spending the holidays, was cautious: "It’s not happening tomorrow," he said.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015