Houston-based artist Trenton Doyle Hancock has won the 2007 Joyce Alexander Wein Artist Prize, a $50,000 award given out by New York’s Studio Museum in Harlem. Founded in 2006, the first award went to Lorna Simpson. The prize honors an African-American artist who demonstrates innovation, promise and creativity. Hancock is represented by James Cohan Gallery.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015