Fourteen artist/tenants at Houston's Commerce Street Artists Warehouse have received notices of termination of their tenancies from lawyers representing the building's owners after they paid their rent into a new CSAW account not accessible by Maggi Battalino, artist and former CSAW financial officer who was voted out amid allegations of mismanagement on November 25th . Dated December 5, the letters ask Michael Henderson, Kathy Kelley, Whitney Riley, Garland Fielder, Teresa O’Connor, Masumi Kataoka, Howard Sherman, Elaine Bradford, Young Min Kang, Dale Stewart, Nick Meriwether, Cory Wagner and Shane Tolbert to vacate their studios and threaten legal action. Stay tuned for the next round in this ongoing imbroglio. Read Troy Schulze's Houston Press blog about it here .
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015