Uh, oh: I got a lot of flack a while back for harshing on the Art Alliance Austin's buzz (they revamped their name/logo/website, which I thought was riddled with absurd, overblown language), but this just came through the wires and I can't let it go without comment: "Art Alliance Austin Partners with American Institute of Architects Austin To Revolutionize 'Art City Austin' Experience with Artistic, Architectural Synergy." Guys, who is writing this stuff for you? Revolutionize? Synergy? (Alliteration ad naseum?) The subject is "an ideas competition" to design "Temporary Outdoor Gallery Spaces (TOGS)" for next year's Art City Austin festival, which sounds good as a concept, but fails to be elevated by all the hot air surrounding it.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017