The DMA's European curator Dorothy Kosinski is headed off to head up the Phillips Collection next spring! Kosinski has curated or co-curated a slew of blockbuster shows (I actually didn't believe the DMA's press rep when she told me, but it's true: Kosinski curated, among other shows, Van Gogh: Sheaves of Wheat, Matisse: Painter as Sculptor, Henry Moore: Sculpting the 20th Century and the great Dialogues: Duchamp, Cornell, Johns, Rauschenberg). In addition, Kosinski co-organized what will be her swan song at the DMA, the highly-anticipated (by us at Glasstire, anyway) J.M.W. Turner show opening in February. She has a longstanding relationship with the Yale Press, which has published a number of her catalogs. A big loss for Dallas.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017