It was looking like the old Southside residency in Dallas would never resurrect, but it has nosed its head back into the light of day, as Central Track at UTD!!! The Deep Ellum building will officially open next February, and they'll have 8 studios for UTD MFA students as well as 4 residency studios — 3 of which will be reserved for non-Texans. The plan is for the length of residencies to vary from 2 weeks to a year, and there will be an exhibition space and lecture series, coordinated by Central Track director (and Glasstire contributing editor) Charissa Terranova! A strong residency program has been a real gap in the Metroplex art scene, and we hope Central Track will join Artpace (San Antonio) and the Core (Houston) as a nationally recognized one… (and then, whenever Austin's Arthouse gets their new building and residency program going, the quadfecta will be complete).
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017