The alt-weekly Best Ofs are starting to trickle in…congrats to Dallas Observer winners The Public Trust (Best Art Gallery), Kettle Art (Best Defiant Spirit), graf artist Tony Bones (Best Legitimization) and Webb Gallery (Best Waxahachie Weird)!! For its part, the Houston Press just annointed the following lucky winners: Texas Gallery (Best Art Gallery), Pipilotti Rist at the CAM (Best Art Show), Clint Willour (Best Art Guru), Otabenga Jones & Associates (Best Artistic Collaborative), Kim Davenport (Best Curator), Rip Curl Canyon at Rice Gallery (Best Installation) and…the original Glasstire blogger (before blogging even existed), Bill Davenport (Best Artist)!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017