Congrats to the El Paso Museum of Art, which recently received the McNight collection of 18th- and 19th-century retablos, as well as $100,000 towards the care of the objects! The 72 items in the collection come from Mexico and the present-day US Southwest, and join the museum's Spanish Viceroyal collection. You can see the entirety of the gift in a show opening this Sunday, Oct. 7, 2-4 pm, and on view through January!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017