This ain't the old Marfa Open House weekend when a handful of cognoscenti descended on Chinati then wandered aimlessly around the empty streets — Marfa keeps on growing, and this weekend has a ton of events on tap (check out the great site Marfa.org for the full skinny)! Don't miss Sonic Youth's free concert at the Thunderbird Hotel; Camp Bosworth and Webb Gallery at 108 West Dallas; the poster show at Ballroom Marfa or, of course, all the Chinati fun!! If you don't have hotel reservations, take a tent and enjoy the relatively light pollution-free skies of West Texas.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017