San Antonio's going Yoko Ono: the Japanese artist has a show, Yoko Ono Imagine Peace: Featuring John & Yoko’s Year of Peace, opening Wedensday, Sept. 26 at the UTSA gallery. Curated by Kevin Concannon of the University of Akron, the show features ephemera from Ono's conceptual projects and art actions with husband John Lennon dating back to the early 1960s (click here to view a slideshow). There are also nine bilingual "Imagine Peace/Imagínate La Paz" billboards on view around town. The show should be a real treat for San Antonians, and even for audiences who caught Ono's 2001 show Y E S YOKO ONO at CAM, it will be quite a different group of works from the Fluxus objects included in that show. Big kudos to recently-arrived UTSA gallery director Scott Sherer for bringing this one to town!
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017