San Antonio's going Yoko Ono: the Japanese artist has a show, Yoko Ono Imagine Peace: Featuring John & Yoko’s Year of Peace, opening Wedensday, Sept. 26 at the UTSA gallery. Curated by Kevin Concannon of the University of Akron, the show features ephemera from Ono's conceptual projects and art actions with husband John Lennon dating back to the early 1960s (click here to view a slideshow). There are also nine bilingual "Imagine Peace/Imagínate La Paz" billboards on view around town. The show should be a real treat for San Antonians, and even for audiences who caught Ono's 2001 show Y E S YOKO ONO at CAM, it will be quite a different group of works from the Fluxus objects included in that show. Big kudos to recently-arrived UTSA gallery director Scott Sherer for bringing this one to town!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017