The Menil has named former Pace Wildenswtein director and MoMA senior curator Bernice Berend Rose as curator of its new Drawings Institute! The scuttlebutt on Ms. Rose is very good — she should be a great asset to the Texas art scene. As reported in today's Chronicle, the Institute will eventually have its own building on the Menil campus, and Rose's first project will be a show of some of the museum's modern drawings collection. We're sure glad to see this long-planned project moving forward.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Breaking Bread - November 23rd, 2017
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017