The Menil has named former Pace Wildenswtein director and MoMA senior curator Bernice Berend Rose as curator of its new Drawings Institute! The scuttlebutt on Ms. Rose is very good — she should be a great asset to the Texas art scene. As reported in today's Chronicle, the Institute will eventually have its own building on the Menil campus, and Rose's first project will be a show of some of the museum's modern drawings collection. We're sure glad to see this long-planned project moving forward.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017