Former MacArthur "genius" and sculptor John T. Scott, 67, died in Houston on Sept. 1, of pulminary disease. The artist, a 40-year professor at his alma mater, Xavier University, had relocated to Houston from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Here is a nice remembrance from Arthur Roger Gallery in N.O.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017