Former MacArthur "genius" and sculptor John T. Scott, 67, died in Houston on Sept. 1, of pulminary disease. The artist, a 40-year professor at his alma mater, Xavier University, had relocated to Houston from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Here is a nice remembrance from Arthur Roger Gallery in N.O.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017