This Friday, Sept. 7, 8-11 pm is the opening for the Texas Prize exhibit at Arthouse (it's the show, not the naming of the winner, which happens in November). People will descend on Austin from around the state to check out the entries of the finalists, from Dawolu Jabari Anderson's paintings to Justin Boyd's video/sound/river raft/mound installation, Margarita Cabrera's life-sized ceramic tractor, Bill Davenport's stealth bomber piñata and Katrina Moorhead's clever sculptures. The winner is chosen based primarily on the works in the show itself, so be sure to see it before the big announcement so that you too can have an opinion!
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017