This Friday, Sept. 7, 8-11 pm is the opening for the Texas Prize exhibit at Arthouse (it's the show, not the naming of the winner, which happens in November). People will descend on Austin from around the state to check out the entries of the finalists, from Dawolu Jabari Anderson's paintings to Justin Boyd's video/sound/river raft/mound installation, Margarita Cabrera's life-sized ceramic tractor, Bill Davenport's stealth bomber piñata and Katrina Moorhead's clever sculptures. The winner is chosen based primarily on the works in the show itself, so be sure to see it before the big announcement so that you too can have an opinion!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017