This Friday, Sept. 7, 8-11 pm is the opening for the Texas Prize exhibit at Arthouse (it's the show, not the naming of the winner, which happens in November). People will descend on Austin from around the state to check out the entries of the finalists, from Dawolu Jabari Anderson's paintings to Justin Boyd's video/sound/river raft/mound installation, Margarita Cabrera's life-sized ceramic tractor, Bill Davenport's stealth bomber piñata and Katrina Moorhead's clever sculptures. The winner is chosen based primarily on the works in the show itself, so be sure to see it before the big announcement so that you too can have an opinion!
also by Rainey Knudson
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016