This Friday, Sept. 7, 8-11 pm is the opening for the Texas Prize exhibit at Arthouse (it's the show, not the naming of the winner, which happens in November). People will descend on Austin from around the state to check out the entries of the finalists, from Dawolu Jabari Anderson's paintings to Justin Boyd's video/sound/river raft/mound installation, Margarita Cabrera's life-sized ceramic tractor, Bill Davenport's stealth bomber piñata and Katrina Moorhead's clever sculptures. The winner is chosen based primarily on the works in the show itself, so be sure to see it before the big announcement so that you too can have an opinion!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010