Houston artist Dan Fabian has had some misses (we didn't love his Manga-y architectural blah-blah drawings, c. 2005, when he was an Artadia finalist, but his weird performance pieces and sculptures are fantastic). As GT blogger Bill Davenport has pointed out, Fabian (like all artists) needs editing. But when he's good, he's great, and so we recommend with hope to his open studio Thursday, August 2, 6-9 pm, at 2102 Libbey Drive in Houston.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017