Houston artist Dan Fabian has had some misses (we didn't love his Manga-y architectural blah-blah drawings, c. 2005, when he was an Artadia finalist, but his weird performance pieces and sculptures are fantastic). As GT blogger Bill Davenport has pointed out, Fabian (like all artists) needs editing. But when he's good, he's great, and so we recommend with hope to his open studio Thursday, August 2, 6-9 pm, at 2102 Libbey Drive in Houston.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017