We've been griping about the lack of artist-run spaces in Houston for some time, and now one has (sort of) opened: Joanna Gallery is the brainchild of some young Houston art dudes. It's in the vicinity of the Menil and has an OK first stab of a show up. (Kelly Klaasmeyer did a nice review in the Press). Hopefully Joanna will last longer than the window before the organizers scatter for grad school.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Breaking Bread - November 23rd, 2017
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017