We've been griping about the lack of artist-run spaces in Houston for some time, and now one has (sort of) opened: Joanna Gallery is the brainchild of some young Houston art dudes. It's in the vicinity of the Menil and has an OK first stab of a show up. (Kelly Klaasmeyer did a nice review in the Press). Hopefully Joanna will last longer than the window before the organizers scatter for grad school.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017