San Antonio patron and artist Linda Pace died from complications from cancer today. Pace was a native San Antonian and member of the family that developed Pace picante sauce. She founded the residency and exhibition space Artpace twelve years ago, radically transforming the contemporary art scene in San Antonio, and by extension Texas, by bringing in top national and international artists for three-month residencies alongside Texas artists. In addition to Artpace, she served on the national committees of the Whitney Museum and the Aspen Art Museum, and founded Chris Park in San Antonio in memory of her son. It's a huge loss for Texas. She will be sorely missed.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017