San Antonio patron and artist Linda Pace died from complications from cancer today. Pace was a native San Antonian and member of the family that developed Pace picante sauce. She founded the residency and exhibition space Artpace twelve years ago, radically transforming the contemporary art scene in San Antonio, and by extension Texas, by bringing in top national and international artists for three-month residencies alongside Texas artists. In addition to Artpace, she served on the national committees of the Whitney Museum and the Aspen Art Museum, and founded Chris Park in San Antonio in memory of her son. It's a huge loss for Texas. She will be sorely missed.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017