If you're in LA tomorrow afternoon, this will be a great one:
THE COOL SCHOOL, a documentary about Ferus Gallery and "those who worked to give Los Angeles a Modern Art scene," and narrated by The Dude himself, Jeff Bridges. The beloved late Menil Collection curator Walter Hopps co-founded Ferus (not that you'd know it from Rick Burns' lame Warhol documentary), and is featured prominently in the film. Co-produced by Houston's Lois Chiles and screening at the Hammer at 3 pm on 6/30/07, followed by a panel with panel with Ed Moses, Larry Bell and John Mason.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017