Check out this show at Clementine: The Lizard Cult features the work of Lee Baxter Davis and eight of his former students: C. Mark Burt, Georganne Deen, Trenton Doyle Hancock, Lawrence Lee, Greg Metz, Robyn O'Neil, Gary Panter, and Christian Schumann. The idea's been done before (notably at the Dallas Contemporary in '04), but it's good to see it happening in NYC. Also, Jeff Shore and Jon Fisher will have a show at Clementine this September — for those of you in the Big Fruit, this will be a must!
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017