Many people (ok, maybe just us) assumed the Beaumont museum (a.k.a. Art Museum of Southeast Texas) was so badly damaged in Hurricane Rita that they were only just recovering, but it's not so: they had some damage, since repaired, and have two shows of interest coming up: Dallas sculptor George Tobolowsky, opening Friday, April 27, 6-8 pm; and great early Texas painter Frank Reaugh, from July 21 to September 30. They're also opening a semi-permanent display of the Felix "Fox" Harris totems they've had since his death in 1984. The works will be shown in conjunction with Keith Carter photographs of the artist's studio, and the museum will publish a book on Harris' work.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017