Ceramics collectors Garth Clark and Mark Del Vecchio (of Garth Clark Gallery) have supported Texas institutions for some time now: they've twice given pieces to the San Angelo Museum, which focuses on ceramics (and which currently has a show of cups donated by the NYC-based pair), and now they've made a major contribution of over 375 post-1940s objects to the MFAH. Say the collectors of this latest gift, "While the collection is a good start, it is only a beginning and we are committed, as are our friends and colleagues, to making sure that it will grow and remain a treasure house of modern and contemporary ceramics that is without peer in the world." Gosh.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017