Two futuristic paintings by Ron Davis I saw at New Gallery last month, but didn't write about. As usual, Thom Andreola has a knack for dredging up once well respected painters a generation older than myself, who I've never heard of. I don't exactly think they're good paintings, but, like my junior high Star Trek club, the combination of futuristic weirdness, ghastly colors, and oddball technique makes them stick in my memory.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015