The MFAH, Menil Collection and the Rice chemistry department have received a joint $500,000 grant from the Mellon Foundation to support conservation research. Heads of the conservation departments at the two museums and the head of the Rice chemistry department will select a scientist to be based at the MFAH and work closely with all three institutions. Kewl.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017