Tyler Green's been claiming that Rauschenberg's cardboards (on view at the Menil) were appropriation art and/or inside jokes about other famous artworks. Not sure if we're wiling to go all the way there with Modern Art Notes (Green's blog), but it's good to see this outstanding show get the interesting attention.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017