Tyler Green's been claiming that Rauschenberg's cardboards (on view at the Menil) were appropriation art and/or inside jokes about other famous artworks. Not sure if we're wiling to go all the way there with Modern Art Notes (Green's blog), but it's good to see this outstanding show get the interesting attention.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017