To be honest, I always thought of Photographs Do Not Bend in Dallas as a nice, rather sleepy little place — until they moved to their great new space in the Design District and revved up their programming (or maybe just their marketing). They just showed Misty Keasler's Japanese sex hotel photos, and their next show, American Roads, features the post-Eggleston generation of banal, figurative photographers of the 1970s and 80s. Pretty cool.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017