To be honest, I always thought of Photographs Do Not Bend in Dallas as a nice, rather sleepy little place — until they moved to their great new space in the Design District and revved up their programming (or maybe just their marketing). They just showed Misty Keasler's Japanese sex hotel photos, and their next show, American Roads, features the post-Eggleston generation of banal, figurative photographers of the 1970s and 80s. Pretty cool.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017