The Texas Commission on the Arts is having an emergency meeting today, Saturday March 10, to discuss the recently-floated bill to abolish TCA and incorporate it into the governer's office. While New York allocates $2.20 per capita to arts funding (a total of $42 million), TCA's '06 budget was about $3.3 million — or about $0.14 per capita.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017