Got the Public Art Fund's 30th anniversary doo-dad in the mail recently… between them and Creative Time, New York's had some amazing independent public art projects in the past few decades. I got to see Sarah Morris' painting at Lever House and the Anish Kapoor at Rockefeller Center just last year, and they add immesurably to the whole being-in-New-York thing. Someone really needs to start doing something similar in Texas.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017